Feminism | Posted by Marie L on 02/14/2011

Cut Title X? I Don’t Think So.

Save Title X

Save Title X

First the Hyde Amendment, then the reduction in women’s services under the new health care bill, and then the attempt to redefine rape – this is really getting under my hackles. Here comes the GOP men in Shining Armor to clarify to us what rape is…how wonderful. As if as women are just wandering around not knowing what violation feels like or aren’t sure if we really were “asking for it.”

I’m a patron of Planned Parenthood. I walk myself down to the clinic, past the typical protesters, and sit myself in some of their lovely waiting room chairs and I fill out that nice sheet that says I’m a student that lives off loans and work study allotments. I go back and have my pap smear and breast exam, allow them to analyze my pee, and then wait. Later, I answer their question about my income – no, it hasn’t changed (I hope it will eventually). I take my “goodie bag” and skip on out to continue being the studious student I am. I’ve never used any other Planned Parenthood resources. I consider myself lucky, but also responsible.

Now we’ve got a bill called “Title X” that funds my right to have all that free appointment stuff and, most importantly, the pills that allow me to live a normal live without having to stock up on coat hangers or invest in a chastity belt. Now, the GOP wants to get rid of it. Instead of bombing clinics, the extreme right in this country had the brilliant idea of pulling the rug out from under women’s services completely. You bet I’m pissed.

To be clear – P. P. doesn’t pay for abortion services unless it’s a case of incest, rape, or a threat to the mother’s life. Even then, legislature wants to undermine women on that front as well. As soon as women are able to put out one political fire, another one crops up. It’s not the extreme right as much as it is personal apathy to the issue. The majority of people I see in those waiting rooms are women who already have 1 – 3 kids and want to keep it that way.

It’s a human rights issue as much as it is a women’s issue because Planned Parenthood also provides HIV, STD, and pregnancy testing – this is dangerously skirting a world epidemic issue. We have HIV testing in place so that we don’t instigate the plague of it from decades past. Should we experience that again because some uptight Neo-Victorian conservatives frown upon people having a good time? Wow.

The fastest way to domesticate women is to take away their sexual license. To redefine “rape” – is anybody out there listening to the horrendous possibilities that could happen if women are stripped of their ability to defend themselves in that sense? To remove access to birth control and pap smears/breast exam is to limit the awareness and control a woman has over her body, her “self.”

I wrote to my representatives in Congress. Both of them are white men, and although they are also Democrats I still don’t understand why I can’t represent myself. Why do women have to keep “asking” someone else’s permission to have their own freedom? Aren’t they entitled to just as much as anyone else on this godforsaken planet? It’s as if we’re perpetually five years old and wondering when we can cross the street by ourselves.

Men as well as women are going to be sent back to the “Dark Ages” if this funding is cut. How many women are going to be able to provide for themselves? It’s like instituting a cut on food stamps. Do you think the hungry are just going to smile and say to themselves, “I could use a cutback on my calories anyway.” Everyone is hungry, and the human bodily hunger for sex isn’t going to cease just because funding was pulled from Planned Parenthood. Pregnancies will go up along with STDs, and HIV. And if certain people do decide to “redefine” rape for us, oh the possibilities.

The 1950′s called. They want their mindset back.

You can take action against these cuts here – via Amplify

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (10 votes, average: 4.70 out of 5)

Read other posts about: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

• A @ at 3:59 pm, February 14th, 2011

that is an AWESOME piece. great job!!

• Katherine C. @ at 6:46 pm, February 14th, 2011

Oh God how awful. Thanks for posting this. Really well written and with a sort of brave tone.

• NWOslave @ at 9:00 pm, February 14th, 2011

Planned Parenthood was started by the eugenisict Marget Sanger in hopes that black’s, minorities and the woefully uninformed would embrace the unresricted execution of the unborn as a protected right. I guess she was correct in her assumption.

Please look her up and be informed, also look up the Rockefeller commission on population control dictated to our Guv in 1972. The Rockefeller Foundation is the one that dictated to the Guv to give out free contraception,s in public school, promote abortion, promote feminism, promote no fault divorce, promote sexual pomiscuity. The only thing they don’t promote is the standard family and childbirth. Ever wonder why?

• Katherine C. @ at 9:49 am, February 15th, 2011

@NWOslave: I actually know about Margaret Sanger and her racism. I expect that most supporters of Planned Parenthood do. Yes, PP was started under questionable circumstances, but it has vastly improved the quality and even saved the lives of countless women.

And do you ever consider that Planned Parenthood is so much more than abortion? Pap smears, mammograms, and birth control consultation are actually the bulk of the organization. Poor women depend on PP, and they have every right to make their own decisions about their health and their personal value systems. Please don’t patronize.

• Grace LS @ at 10:42 am, February 15th, 2011

I think this is the best article I’ve read on this subject! :)

• David D @ at 1:56 pm, February 15th, 2011

@NWOslave So you’re saying that blacks, minorities and the uninformed should use absolutely no contraception?
    Your argument that Planned Parenthood is evil because it terminates minority babies has that one major flaw. It doesn’t argue against abortion as a contraception but against minorities using any contraception because they will not compete in a baby race with the informed whites.
    So minority women should hold their uterus captive to benefit their race. That sounds quite patriarchal to me. In your argument should the minorities also impregnate as many women as possible so they can compete with the white race?
    NWOslave is probably a correct name for you. You believe so much in the conspiracy of the New World Order that you’re blinded by the reality of the Old World Order.

• NWOslave @ at 3:16 pm, February 15th, 2011

@Katherine C….The mamographies you speak of use ionized radiation, which oddly enough ionized radiation collects in fatty tissue and stays there forever. The more mamographies you get the more likely you are to contract breast cancer, as the radiation will collect on the places where it has attached.

Luckily funding for free mamographies comes directly from the Rockefeller Foundation, because they care about you!!!

• Jedibi @ at 4:12 pm, February 15th, 2011

@NWOslave The radiation from an annual (once per year) mammogram x-ray is so slight, it has little to no chance of causing tumors to form. Additionally, the body naturally replaces cells as you age. The radiation will not stay in your body “forever”.

Troll harder.

• NWOslave @ at 6:37 pm, February 15th, 2011

@Jedibi….Please look up mamagraphy for the type of radiation used, then look up ionized radiation then tell me how your body replaces these cells. Do a little research on breast cancer/mamagraphy, I guaruntee you’ll find the women who’ve had the most mamographies are the greatest risk for breast cancer.

If you’ve read my previous post and actually took the time to investigate the Rockefeller Commission on Population Control dictated to our government in 1972, you would understand a few things. The same people who fund feminism, (the Rockefeller foundation) also fund PP, sterilization and public school contraception.

There’s only three thing’s the folk’s at the top of the pyramid want. They want you to stop reproducing, they want you dead and they want all your money before you die.

Do you think they fund feminism because the Rockefeller Foundation care about women? Did Soros just drop 5 mill in the laps of feminist’s to teach and fund teenage girls abortion because they care about you? Here’s a little math for you. Up until 1920 whie, black and asian population’s were each a constant division of 1/3 of world population. Today white people are a mere 10%.

If it wasn’t for legal but mostly illegal hispanic immigration into the US population would have fallen, with both white’s and black in this country falling below replacement level’s.

Germany’s Chancellor is offering incentive’s to have children because they’ve realized and openly stated the German race will be extinct in 100 years. Here’s the math. Gemany has 60 million ethnic Germans with a birthrate of 1.1 which is 1/2 of 0 growth replacement rate, a generation is 20 years. So in 20 years there will be 30 million, in 40 years, 15 million, in 60 years 7.5 million, in 80 years 3.75 million, in 100 years 1.875 million ethnic Germans left in all of Germany who are able to reproduce.

It’s quite an eye opener when you look at the cold hard numbers isn’t it? So you see, these people are planning long range. The Rockefeller Foundation who you falsely believe are your buddies for funding your so called female empowerment for the last 80 years, don’t give a damn about you. They have a plan and feminism is just a means to an end. Do the math for yourselves.

• Jedibi @ at 6:56 pm, February 15th, 2011

@NWOslave Ionized radiation accounts for less than 1% of all breast cancer cases. The cases that do involve ionized radiation are from massive exposure. Furthermore, out of 25,000 survivors of the Hiroshima atomic bomb, a massive amount of ionized radiation, only 173 developed breast cancer. Your argument is completely unfounded and I suggest you do more research on it yourself.

The radiation received by today’s mammograms has virtually no risk whatsoever of giving a woman cancer.

Also, you’re starting to come off as crazy. There are several societal reasons for the reduction in white birth rates, and it has nothing to do with the Rockefeller Foundation.

• Halle @ at 6:57 pm, February 15th, 2011

Amazing article!!! Really eye-opening and well written! I like how you talk about PP’s AIDS/HIV testing. We’ve been talking about this in my health class and it really is an epidemic in third- world countries! I’m thankful we have testing and treatment to keep that from happening here.
    @NWOslave- Honest question, I don’t want to argue, but I was reading your comment and I was confused with how the ethnic decline in Germany had relevance to this topic. I didn’t really see the connect. Also, despite what you say about the Rockefeller Foundation and their true incentives, if everything you say is true then what they are doing is kept well under wraps as most of the population is probably unaware and they are still helping women who need aid.

• A @ at 7:44 pm, February 15th, 2011

@NWOslave- I agree with you that Margaret Sanger’s eugenics/racism factored into the creation of PP, but PP has, as Katherine C said, done so much good even with a shady past. Sanger, though, did have less deplorable causes for the creation of PP. She was a nurse on the lower east side in NYC in the early 1900s, mostly going to impoverished immigrants tenements and helping in the childbirth process. She spoke to countless women who expressed a desire to stop having kids, many of whom were weak from having so many children and poor nutrition and had no form of contraception, as well as often no knowledge of women’s health and reproductive system. She also saw many women who died from blood poisoning after unsanitary abortions. Her own mother died from TB after having seven children and and eleven miscarriages, which caused her to be of very poor health. Although Sanger’s eugenics and racism are unquestionably inexcusable, PP was not created solely to further it, but also to end the rampant suffering that affected her life and those around her.

• Micheal @ at 8:53 pm, February 15th, 2011

If you’re so concerned about radiation then don’t see your dentist and don’t dare submit to the TSA controlled body scans at airports.

We also don’t need another person telling us who gave who “rights” for a reason, it’s just like the idiotic rhetoric of white capitalist patriarchy to tell women their own movement’s are funded, well we can make the argument most colleges in the south were funded by the KKK, that doesn’t mean they still support KKK politics and people don’t attend them for that reason.

And I think the city of Memphis would beg to differ when it comes to a lack of minority population, teenage pregnancies are abundant.

This whole New World Order is just jargon. Its not a rational argument because women are free to choose whether or not they want to have children, if minority women realize they want a small family to free them from domesticity and poverty by their own choice let them do it. Nobody is forcing that option on you. To force someone to abide by only one code is not allowing the minority of that opinion through, you can thank a man, John Stuart Mill for that one.

Oh and by the way, Martin Luther King JR cheated on his wife, Ghandi had a thing for his Grandaughter, and Hegel was a flaming racist, we can play the who’s who game of blame until the sun goes down but things and people are dated, it’s why it’s called “history”, note the “his” in front of it, thank you.

• NWOslave @ at 10:47 pm, February 15th, 2011

@Jedibi…Believe what you will, I’m trying to save you from cancer. Ionized radiation accumulates and never goes away, I won’t argue the facts, the more mamagrophies you get the greater your chance of cancer. As if there already isn’t a cure, but who makes a profit off a cure? No one.

@Halle…The answer to your question is simple. The end product of a successful abortion is a dead baby. Now we argue semantics all day about when life begins, or does a fetus have rights, or my body my choice. Only those not aborted have ever been pro choice, lets not dance around.

To illustrate Germanys problem lets look at the US, since Roe-v-Wade 60 million abortion have been performed in the US. The peak year of 1990, 1.7 million, which worked out to 1 in 3 didn’t survive the epidemic. Staggering isn’t it? Further why does the UN promote worldwide feminism?

The former Soviet Union was the birthplace of modern marxist feminism. It is the perfect tool to promote worldwide marxism, no matter how homogenous a nations ethnicity there are men and women. The perfect divide, men being the burguios “oppressor class” and women, of course, being the peasant “victim class.” Every country that has embraced feminism has a declining birthrate.

@A… Margret Sanger want’s you dead, don’t read the watered down wikipedia crap. She hated all blacks, asains, hispanics and lower class whites, (like most of us).

@Micheal…So you think I’m not all together there aye? Well here’s a little history lesson in decending order of dates.

“Women’s incipient social life and activities must be promoted, so that they can outgrow the narrowness of their philistine, individualistic psychology centred on home and family … In the sphere of sexual relations and marriage, a revolution is approaching … There can be no real mass movement without the women … We cannot exercise the dictatorship of the proletariat without having millions of women on our side. Nor can we engage in communist construction without them.”….Lenin 1920

“There is no way of influencing men so powerfully as by means of the women. These should therefore be our chief study; we should insinuate ourselves into their good opinion, give them hints of emancipation from the tyranny of public opinion, and of standing up for themselves; it will be an immense relief to their enslaved minds to be freed from any one bond of restraint, and it will fire them the more, and cause them to work for us with zeal, without knowing that they do so, for they will only be indulging their own desire of personal admiration.”….Adam Weishaupt 1787.

“The First World War must be brought about in order to permit the Illuminati to overthrow the power of the Czars in Russia and of making that country a fortress of atheistic Communism.”

“The Second World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences between the Fascists and the political Zionists. This war must be brought about so that Nazism is destroyed and that the political Zionism be strong enough to institute a sovereign state of Israel in Palestine. During the Second World War, International Communism must become strong enough.”

“The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the “agentur” of the “Illuminati” between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion”…Albert Pike 1871.

Adam Weishaupt and Albert Pike were good friends, by the way, if you want to see a statue of Albert Pike theres one in Washington DC. He was just a low ranking officer in the Confederate army of no particular note, but still somehow his statue is in the capitol.

Quite amazing how two world wars occured just like he said and a third is about to happen, almost like it was engineered. It’s also quite astonishing how Weishaupt and Lenin gave us a script on how to get women pitted against men to bring about world Marxism. As I said in my previous post, be informed.

• Micheal @ at 10:58 pm, February 15th, 2011

You are so smart, I really honestly don’t know how I can best you. We should make out sometime.

• NWOslave @ at 11:04 pm, February 15th, 2011

On my above post I meant to say Albert Pike and Adam Weishaupt would’ve been good friends.

By the way in reference to the statue of Albert Pike in the capitol of this country. He’s the only confederate soldier to have a statue in the capitol, not Lee or Beauregard or Cooper, just some lowly nobody. Incredible isn’t it?

• Nano Muse @ at 4:17 am, February 16th, 2011

@NWOslave: you are one fuck of a dedicated troll, you know that? No, seriously, you’re starting to reach right up into Tara Gilesbie levels.

@Everyone else: don’t feed the troll. A lot of the data and history it’s using is incorrect, and many of those quotes are completely out of context or misquoted entirely, and those numbers are either also out of context or wrong entirely. And let’s not get into how the troll’s already contradicted itself between its posts here.

We all know that regardless of the intentions of the founders of the various organizations involved, they help us today and better our lives. We all know that the world is not women vs men, but women vs patriarchy, which are two incredibly different things. We all know how to define our own bodies and lives and standards, and we all know better than to argue semantics with someone who cares more about reverting women back to second-class citizenship than caring about humans in general, and the rights and protections they need based on their circumstances.

Seriously, don’t feed the troll, it’s exactly what it wants and ignoring it completely is the best way to get rid of it.

@Marie L: Lovely post, m’dear. :) Planned Parenthood serves women and men and provides a wide variety of reproductive services beyond abortion, and people know it. I won’t deny that the GOP is going to put up one hell of a fight, but so will people whose lives and livelihoods depend on PP and access to reproductive services in general.

We always hear horror stories about radical bills being proposed, but it’s always just that: proposed. They are rarely ever actually passed, as people will not stand to have their rights to their own body taken away. Take heart in that – however slow and inefficient our government is, there is a reason that at almost every level we have multiple people in it. :)

• Mary G @ at 7:28 am, February 16th, 2011

Great article, I’ve emailed my representatives already but this inspired me to do the one button calling plan, they’re going to be hearing from me – and I made sure to link this article to many of a friend’s pages, and they have linked it to their friends pages, etc. Great work, fantastic job.

• Cami M @ at 5:42 pm, February 22nd, 2011

I love how powerful this is. Your last paragraph was incredible. I love the way you write, with such conviction and also a sneaky sense of sarcasm, it makes me want to read every line over again to get as much out of it as I can. Well written, thank you for sharing. (: